Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sweet Summer Time

I cannot begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed the past couple of days. Monday and Tuesday I stayed at home with Jack. We were not sick, we had no where to go. Mrs. Kim is on vacation, so I just used that as an excuse to be at home. Just "being" is something that I rarely make time for. We are a very social family. Always on the go. Always somewhere to be, whether it is a want or a need, it seems as though we never stop. I suppose that is the way of the world these days. I am not a huge fan of it, but I go with it so I don't get left in the dust!
Monday, Jack and I woke up at home, with no where to be. We got our little selves sun screened up and dressed for the pool, and went out to Cushing Park for a little swimming. It was just the two of us there for the longest time. It was so quiet and peaceful. Eventually some more people joined us and it was fun, but not long after, we headed home. He did not fall asleep in the car on the way home, (I think you moms know where I am going with this) which was great! That meant he would nap when we got home! I indulged myself in a nap while he napped. We woke refreshed and went out to play the afternoon away. I addressed birthday invites on the screen porch while he played. Later, he played in the sprinkler as I watered the flowers out back. Daddy worked late, so we bathed and snuggled and watched Caillou "on the computer" his new favorite past time!
Tuesday, we got up and got going and went to the zoo with Ashley and Caroline, our neighbors. Jack has been asking to go and since we have a membership, I obliged. He was a very good boy and even though I pulled a muscle in my back unloading the dishwasher that morning, I powered through and we had a great time!  ( you can call me mamaw) As luck would have it, again, he made it all the way home without falling asleep. I sewed a little while he napped and nursed my aching back. When he woke, I made a point of having a lazy loungy afternoon (so I could rest my back) and he watched TV and played with his MANY MANY toys that we are never home for him to actually play with!
AHHHHHH....sound like bliss? Well to me, it was, but today it is back to the grind, back to work, back to sewing- I have a lot of work to do!
Jack is in good hands. Grandma and Grandpa arrived shortly after Jack went to bed last night ready for their shift for the week! Jack was so excited when I told them they were there this morning! Even though it is back to work, being able to leave Jack at home shaves about 30 minutes off my commute so whoop whoop!
Happy Summer to me!


No comments: