Saturday, December 11, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Welcome to the Marshes!
Thanks for stopping by!


I have so enjoyed getting my Christmas decorations out this year!
Not because of the Christmas decorations (I am actually ready to revamp!), but because of the feelings of nostalgia that I am getting this year with Jack. He is at the age that he realizes it is "Christmas-time" and he is so excited that Santa is bringing presents to put under the tree! Children truly do make holidays fun again!

(I got the pennant pictured above for Jack's Birthday party above at Magpie and Cake's shop on etsy. It has been worth every penny- it is beautiful oil cloth on one side and chalkboard fabric on the other...I know this picture is not the best quality, but it says "believe")


We decorated a gingerbread house yesterday, but I will spare you the puny picture and instead post for your enjoyment my fake ginger bread cookies!


I freshened up my wreath this year with a green velvet ribbon. My Noel is currently reading Leon...my husband likes to rearrange the letters!



I decked out my topiary!

This is what I am calling Santa Central. I should have taken a close up. The picture at the top is of Santa. The Santa Claus stocking holder is holding Santa's watch!


The tree with the snow village in the background...


The tree and the mantle...


My husband did a beautiful job on the exterior illumination as always. I decided that is was too cold to take pictures outdoors this weekend, but I will take some and post them once things thaw out....
BRRRRR...it is cold!

Thanks for joining me a quick tour!
I have not had time to make a super interesting post as I have been a busy little elf getting my etsy shop ready to launch in 2011!
...but I do so hope you enjoyed it!
There are tons of other beautiful homes to enjoy over at The Nester's Tour of Homes!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Love your decorations...I think we have similar taste in paint color : )

Have a Merry Christmas!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Your home is beautiful. Love your Christmas tree too!

tiarastantrums said...

you tree is quite stunning!