Monday, October 25, 2010

What I Missed While I Tended to the Ladies

Tis the season for picking, buying and carving pumpkins! While I wish I had had this past weekend free to shop pumpkins with my two fave guys, I know that I was where I belonged- tending to the ladies. I have pined and pined all week for my mom. I worry when I am not with her. She worries about memaw...all of our worlds have been turned upside down and sideways. KK has done a brilliant job of keeping up with mom while I am in GA trying to hold down a job:)
Even though I know I was in the right place, I still would have loved to be there when these pictures were taken.
Dan said Jack had a ball- and BONUS.....

They had a bounce house!
Notice the little girls in their Auburn cheerleading uniforms. We are right at home in GA during football season. There are so many Auburn fans around here. It is comforting. And can I get a WAAAAAAAAR EAGLE from all you Auburn fans? NUMBER ONE BABY! WHOOOO HOOO!

Little do Dan and Jack know, but I myself was having a ball on Saturday.
Mom sat up from 9am until 3:30 pm. Nice Work, mom! I am so proud of the progress that she has made. Memaw and I were at the hospital for the 10 am visit and since mom was going to be in dialysis until 1pm, she asked that I just come back at the 2PM visit.
OK, so that gave us time to go get the groceries that memaw so desperately needed. After all, that gallon of neopolitan ice cream is not going to get itself from the grocery store!
SO off we went! I made a detour at Blue Ribbon Shoes (my fave) to let memaw try on some winter shoes. She was not impressed with the Naturalizer's, the Born's, the Clark's...oh no. They could never compare to her Cuddler's. SO off we went to K-Mart to get her Cuddler's. She even snatched up a pair of Cuddler white sandals on super sale for next year!
I decided to treat memaw to some baby back ribs at Chili's. She deserves it. I love Chili's. We all win. Well, I guess I let me guard down because the time was just a tickin' and we still had groceries to be gotten.
I had driven all the way over there from GEORGIA to see my momma, I was NOT going to miss the 2pm visit. SO, poor memaw. I practically DRAGGED her through Wal-Mart. I dumped, ahem, dropped her off at her house at 2:00 and left her with a kitchen full of groceries to be put away. By the time I drove to the hospital, and got up to ICU, it was 2:30- exactly the time that visiting hours were over. Thank goodness for nurses who bend the rules. She let me visit until 3:00pm. Well, all was well except for the fact that I missed kick off! I did get to watch the game in the waiting room though.
Sunday was a good one too....I was able to go by my in-laws' to deliver the special goodie basket that I got from Mel's Sweet Treats for his my Father-in-law's birthday. I was glad mom was doing well, and glad to be heading home! It was a little easier to head out, because they put her in her own room Sunday afternoon. It is a nice one on the 4th floor. I talked with her today and she is doing good, just tired from another round of dialysis. Please pray that her kidney's kick it back into gear soon!
I missed my boys!

No comments: