Friday, November 9, 2012

Favorite Side Dish- Company Mashed Potatoes

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to link up to Kelly's Korner, SUYL, Favorite Side Dishes. I received a recipe years ago for something called Company Mashed Potatoes. I have not pulled out the recipe since, but the yummy ingredients have lingered on in my holiday mashed potatos. They are delicious any day, but so fattening...I definitely consider them a treat! It is simple!
Boil, cut up and mash potatoes. Peel 'em or not...your preference. I ususally use a hand mixer. Add 8 oz of cream cheese, and 8 oz of sour cream and about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Here is the best part. Put them in the fridge overnight....I love a good side that I can make the day before. Pop them in the oven about 30-45 minutes before you serve( ummm...let's say 350)  and - WAH-LAH! YUMMY! Sorry for the lack of specifics. I have found in my old age that I cook like I always hated my memaw doing ( oh, just a handful of this or that. no recipe!!! It made me crazy).
 
So anyway- I know I am gonna enjoy checking out all of the recipes at Kelly's Korner today...hope you do too!
Oh...and if you are looking for something cute for your kiddos to wear for the holidays, check me out at www.thepickletree.etsy.com
 
Sorry- only Christmas stuff now, I am past the deadline for Thanksgiving!!!



No comments: