Friday, June 3, 2011

Texas Caviar Dip

I have not made this yet this year, but my girfriend LA has! It is one of my favorite, easy, summery, dips because:
  1. It is so easy
  2. It has a southwestern flair and I could eat southwestern or mexican food at every meal
  3. It is easy
My mouth is watering just thinkign about it!

Ingredients

•3 cans drained black eye peas with chopped jalapeno peppers


•1 purple onion, chopped

•3 tomatoes, chopped

•3 cloves garlic, chopped

•2 avocados, chopped

•2 jalapeno peppers, chopped

•1 green bell pepper, chopped

•1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped

•Zesty Italian Salad Dressing

Preparation:

After you chop all this up, add enough Zesty Italian dressing to get the consistency that you want for a dip. Add salt and pepper and refrigerate overnight. Serve with tortilla chips
 
SO easy! AND YUMMY TOO!
 
Hmmm....I think I should pick these ingredients up at the "dub-ya" in the morning for a weekend snack!!!! I love a cold dip by the pool!
 
Kelly's Korner is doing appetizers for Show Us Your life today so I thought I would share! Go check it out as I am sure there will be TONS of awesome appetizers!

No comments: