Friday, May 20, 2011

Poulet de Normandy

My mom with me, my sister Kelly, and brother Josh
Kelly's Corner is doing a "Show us Your Life What is your favorite main course" today and Poulet De Normandy was one that I just could not pass up the opportunity to share!
It is a recipe that my mom used to always make so it is just a comfort food that reminds me of home! In the area that I grew up ( North Alabama) this was always served at the quaint little tea rooms and ladies lunch places. Ususally along with strawberry pretzel salad...but that recipe post is for another day!
I love to make and take it when friends have babies or surgery or the like and it is always a crowd favorite!
Glorified chicken and dressing I call it.
Always sure to please and my favorite part? Most of the work is done the day before!



Poulet de Normandy







1 16 oz. package herb seasoned stuffing mix


1/2 cup softened butter


1 1/2 cups hot chicken broth


1/4 cup chopped onions


1/2 cup mayonnaise


1/4 teaspoon salt


2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced (I love using rotisserie chicken)


2 eggs


1 1/2 cups milk


1 14 oz. can cream of mushroom soup


1 cup shredded cheddar cheese






•Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.


•Combine stuffing mix, butter, and hot broth and set aside.


•In a separate bowl, mix together onions, mayonnaise, and salt.


•Add mayonnaise mixture to stuffing mix and mix well.


•Stir chicken into mixture.


•Spread mixture into a greased 9"x13" baking dish.


•Beat eggs in milk and pour over all.


•Refrigerate overnight.


•Take out of refrigerator an hour before serving and spread with the mushroom soup.


•Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes.


•Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

So there you have it...my favorite main course!
Enjoy!

No comments: