Monday, April 11, 2011

Chandy Lust

We painted our dining room red about 5 years ago. I think I kind of missed the trend by a little. You can see it here in all it's Roasted Red Pepper glory and decked out for Christmas in the photo above. As soon as we painted it, I started having painting remorse. All the cooler colors were starting to trickle onto the scene(blues, grays, greens) and I just KNEW that I had made a BIG mistake! Over the years, I have realized that "in" or not, I LOVE my red dining room. When I am in there with friends dining....I love it. When I breeze through and catch a glimpse of it from the kitchen...I love it. When I deck it out for Christmas...I love it! So, I am totally at peace with the fact that I am a red dining room kind of girl. I am going to paint the kitchen a soft gray blue and connect them with the faux roman shades that I have already made that are red with blue flowers. What I am NOT ok with, is the fact that I have YET to replace the builder chandelier that is the dining room fixture. I have been on the lookout for years, but nothing has really spoken to me until this little guy came around.
The picture above is from Restoration Hardware. I would love to just place my order and get on with it, but it is a bit out of my price range.

Oh well...a girl's gotta dream, right?

No comments: